4 Days Voodoo Festival in Ouidah and Grand Popo
The Voodoo Festival on 10 January is the most important cultural event in Benin. With this tour we will show you more about Voodoo and the festival.
4 Days / 3 Nights special Voodoo Festival in Ouidah and Grand Popo
Price 249.000 CFA per person or €379,60 per person, based on 2 persons.
Day 1 Cotonou – Ouidah
Departure from Cotonou to Ouidah at 07.00 in the morning.
Arrival in Ouidah around 08.00.
You will walk the slavery road from the village to the beach, 4 kilometers by foot with explanation about the slavery trade, the slave life, African culture and the relation between Voodoo and the slavery trade, accompanied by a tour guide.
After this interesting stroll you will visit the Sacred Forest with the story of King Kpasse who turned himself into a tree, you can make a wish there..
Entrance of the Sacred Forest
Lunch in the village Ouidah in a local restaurant.
Visit a Voodoo chief and have a discussion about voodoo for about one hour. Here you have the possibility to ask any questions you like to know about voodoo, its origin, how it works and the different kinds of voodoo.
Visit some voodoo convents.
Overnight stay in Diaspora Hotel.
Day 2 Ouidah – Grand Popo
Early in the morning you will visit the village and see how the festival starts.
Breakfast in a local restaurant in Ouidah.
After breakfast departure to Grand Popo.
Grand Popo is an important voodoo place in Benin, you can see the other qualities of voodoo which you don’t find in Ouidah. There are many little villages around the city with convents which you can visit.
Early afternoon you go the place where the event will take place and talk with some voodoo chiefs.
Later in the afternoon you will visit Hévè voodoo village by boat.
Back to Bel Azur Hotel for overnight stay.
Day 3 Grand Popo
Breakfast at hotel and the morning free to spend.
City tour in Grand Popo by bicycle and chat about the history of Grand Popo, XWLA people and the slavery history in Grand Popo.
Around 17.00 the Zangbeto playing starts in Avlo.
Overnight stay in Bel Azur Hotel.
Day 4 Grand Popo – Cotonou
After breakfast departure to Cotonou.
Stop in Guezin at Lake Ahèmè for a cup of coffee.
At Hotel Chez Rada, along Cote du Pêche, you’ll have a break for lunch, a drink and relaxing at the swimming pool.
Inclusive in this tour:
- Transport by car with driver and fuel.
- Hotels mentioned, based on double room.
- Tourist tax.
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day (of 1,5 L).
- Entrances and excursions mentioned in the itinerary.
- Boat to and from Hévè village.
- Bicycle rent day 3.
- Personal expenses like drinks and food/meals not mentioned under inclusive.
- Booking fee of 20.000 CFA or €30,-.
- Personal insurances.
- Any other charges of hiring a service for personal enjoyment/assistance like portages, tips, insurance, laundry, mineral water etc.
- Any service/assistance not covered under inclusive.
- Calamities caused by nature, terrorism or other causes.
- All other things not mentioned under inclusive.