Arts Culture and Food tour in Benin
7 Days / 6 Nights Arts, Culture and Food Tour
This Arts, Culture and Food tour in Benin is to promote the local drinks and foods (prepared hygienic) of Benin. We will be wearing local clothes during the tour.
Day 1 Cotonou
Arrival in Cotonou early afternoon, after a welcome drink you will enjoy our city tour.
Dinner is in a local restaurant. Overnight stay in a Guesthouse.
Day 2 Cotonou – Porto Novo
After a local breakfast we will drive you to Porto Novo for a visit with Kouas, the most famous artist in Benin, to discuss with him about his work and African arts.
After this interesting meeting the lunch will be served in Adjarra in a local restaurant to taste the local food. We will go to the Adjarra museum where you can see many different masks and other African arts. Visit the drums market and to see where and how the drums are made.
Day 3 Porto Novo – Ketou
Departure to Ketou after breakfast.
We stop in Sakete for a Guelede music show.
We drive further to Ketou, where we have lunch.
After lunch we will visit the Royal Palace and the Magic Gate.
We continue to a cultural music performance Egoun goun or another traditional music show.
Dinner in a local restaurant.
Overnight stay in Résidence Celine Hotels in Ketou.
Day 4 Ketou – Taneka
After breakfast departure to Taneka in the North of Benin. It takes about 6 hours driving. We will have a stop in Bassila for lunch.
After arrival in Taneka we will have a welcome drink with the village people and visit the village. Rest of afternoon free to spend.
In the evening with dinner we will enjoy a traditional music and dance show and listen to the Taneka people history.
Overnight stay in Taneka Koko hotel.
Day 5 Taneka – Djougou
Departure to Boukombe, we will have breakfast in Natitingou.
To visit a Tata Somba village with its special houses is a real experience.
The Tammari people will give us a special show with its traditional Tata Somba music.
Lunch in Tata Somba local restaurant.
After lunch we will depart to Natitingou and visit the Kota waterfall for refreshing dive in the pool.
Dinner in a local restaurant and overnight stay in Djougou.
On the roof of a Tata Somba house
Day 6 Djougou – Ouidah
A long journey today for the departure to Ouidah.
In Azove we will visit the market and Kinkinhoue historic museum.
Lunch in Azove local restaurant. We arrive in Ouidah late afternoon.
If there is enough time we will visit the sacred forest.
In the evening we’ll have a discussion about voodoo, with the Voodoo chief.
Day 7 Ouidah – Cotonou
Departure after breakfast to Cotonou.
We will bring a visit to the Dantokpa market, where you can find many different items and souvenirs.
In the afternoon lunch and swimming at the beach of Hotel El Dorado Beach Club to end this tour.
Inclusive in this tour:
- Hotels/Guesthouses mentioned, based on double room.
- Transport by car with driver.
- All meals mention in the itinerary; breakfast, lunch and dinner (included one local beer or soft drink with lunch and dinner).
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day (of 1,5 L).
- Two bottles/cans of drink per person per day (soft drink or local beer).
- Entrances and excursions mentioned in the itinerary.
- Music and dance show mentioned in the tour.
- Booking fee 20.000 CFA or €30,00
- Personal expenses like drinks and food not mentioned under inclusive.
- Insurances, visa, vaccinations.
- Any other charges of hiring a service for personal enjoyment/assistance like portages, tips, insurance, laundry, mineral water etc.
- Any service/assistance not covered under inclusive.
- Calamities caused by nature, terrorism or other causes.
- All other things not mentioned under inclusive.