Birds watching nature tour in Benin
3 days / 2 nights Birds watching
Send us an e-mail for more information.
Day 1: Tour starts in Cotonou – Aguegues – Cotonou – Possotomé
Transfer from your hotel or other adress in Cotonou.
We take a picnic lunch at the shore of the lake and by boat we go back to Cotonou.
From Cotonou we drive to Possotomé for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2: Possotomé – Grand Popo
After breakfast we take a boat and go for another birdwatching at Lake Ahémé.
We take lunch at the shore of the lake and after that we drive further to Grand Popo.
Late afternoon, excursion Birds Island (this is a typical ornithological route) by ‘piroque’boat thru the mangrove woods on the Mono River. According the season and tide you can see different species of migrant birds like scooters, herons and hawks. The birds come here for nesting, if you’re lucky also alligators and lizards can be seen. Early in the morning and late afternoon the birds come to search for food.
Day 3: Grand Popo
We will have a picnic style breakfast. By ‘piroque’boat to visit Salt Island, Bird Island and the ‘La Bouche du Roi’ (the mouth of the king) this is a beautiful route over the river with unspoiled beaches and little fishermen villages, where women make salt and you can see the mangroves and many birds along the route. At the end the river flows into the sea, this is where it is called La Bouche du Roi. For the ones who like to swim it is possible. After swimming, back by boat.
In the afternoon we will be on the road back to Cotonou after having lunch in a local restaurant at Lake Ahémé.
Inclusive in this tour:
- Hotels mentioned, based on double room.
- Tourist tax.
- Transport by car with driver.
- All meals mentioned in the itinerary; breakfast, lunch and dinner (with lunch and dinner a soft drink or local beer is included).
- One bottle of mineral water per person per day (of 1,5 L).
- Transport by boat.
- Entrances and excursions mentioned in the itinerary.
- Picnic at the beach and lake.
- Booking fee 20.000 CFA or €30,00
- Personal expenses like drinks and food not mentioned under inclusive.
- Any other charges of hiring a service for personal enjoyment/assistance like portages, tips, insurance, laundry, mineral water etc.
- Any service/assistance not covered under inclusive.
- Calamities caused by nature, terrorism or other causes.
- All other things not mentioned under inclusive.