Grand Popo, the beach between the river and the sea
1 Day excursion Grand Popo
52.325 CFA or 79,95 EUR price per person by 4 persons
91.975 or 140,00 EUR price per person by 2 persons
Departure from Cotonou at 09.00 am.
We will drive to Grand Popo in about 2 hours. After a cup of coffee or other drink we will board the motorboat, which departs from Gbécon, our destination is: La Boca del Rio (the mouth of the river) and was later translated by the French in La Bouche du Roi (the mouth of the king).
A beautiful tour leads us along the mangrove trees, water hyacinths, water lilies and at Birds Island you can hear the birds tweeting, when the motor is switched off.
You can probably see women busy with salt production in the villages we float by and fishermen throw their nets in the water, or others who are busy with shrimp fishing.
This lovely environment leads to the unspoiled beach of La Bouche du Roi. The place where the river floats into the sea.
After a picnic at the beach you can relax, swim or play some games like badminton, jeu de boules or football.
Than it will be time to return to Grand Popo by boat, from where we will go back to Cotonou by car. Early evening you will arrive in Cotonou.
Inclusive in this tour:
- Transport by car with driver and fuel.
- Cup of coffee or other drink before boarding.
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day (of 1,5 L).
- Excursion by boat.
- 1 x Picnic at the beach included one soft drink or local beer.
- Booking fee 20.000 CFA or €30,00
- Personal expenses like drinks and food not mentioned under inclusive.
- Any other charges of hiring a service for personal enjoyment/assistance like portages, tips etc.
- Any service/assistance not covered under inclusive.
- Calamities caused by nature, terrorism or other causes.
- All other things not mentioned under inclusive.