Ouidah 1 Day excursion
For actual prices and information, fill out the contact form.
Day 1 Cotonou – Ouidah – Cotonou
Departure from Cotonou to Ouidah at 08.00 in the morning.
Arrival in Ouidah around 09.00.
First we will start with the slavery route, we start in the city and end at the beach at the gate of Non Return. Along the route you will get information about how the slaves were brought to the ships, the place where they stayed, the tree where they had to walk around to forget their past and the monument for the people who died along the way. The guided tour is about 4 km long and will take about 2 hours by foot.
After a drink we will go back to the city again and visit the Portugese Fort with old maps and also Dutch pipes and other items from the time of the slavery trade.
We will take lunch in a local restaurant.
After lunch we will visit the Python Temple, the pythons are holy in Ouidah, Zinsou Museum with lots of different kind of African Art and Photos, The Sacred Forest where King Kpasse turned himself into a tree and where you can make a wish.
Early evening we will be back in Cotonou.
Inclusive in this tour:
- Transport by car with driver and fuel.
- Cup of coffee or other drink after walking tour.
- One bottle of mineral water per person (of 1,5 L).
- Guide during tour.
- Lunch included one soft drink or local beer.
- Booking fee 20.000 CFA or €30,00
- Personal expenses like drinks and food not mentioned under inclusive.
- Any other charges of hiring a service for personal enjoyment/assistance like portages, tips etc.
- Any service/assistance not covered under inclusive.
- Calamities caused by nature, terrorism or other causes.
- All other things not mentioned under inclusive.