VOODOO FESTIVAL 2019, 2 DAYS
2 Days tour
Price 489.440CFA or €.745,93 based on 4 persons (122.360CFA per person)
Day 1 (9 January 2019) Cotonou – Ouidah
Departure from Cotonou at 08.00 am to Ouidah.
Arrival at Ouidah around 09.00 am, first you will visit the sacred forest. Here the story will be told about the history of Ouidah, the kingdom of Kpassè and the Voodoo religion. It is a nice place to visit and to understand many things about the Xwéda people. This visit will take about 30 minutes.
After the sacred forest you will visit the Python temple, the python snakes are sacred here. The snakes don’t bite they say, there is also their cemetery in the temple. In Ouidah pythons are buried like human beings, it is forbidden to kill them.
The guide will tell you the history of this temple which is important for the inhabitants of Ouidah.
You will visit a Voodoo chief’s house and his convent and buy a ticket for the main event.
Driving into the city to see some performance Zangbeto at the square of the python temple and Egoun-goun in the forest.
Overnight stay in hotel Diaspora.
Day 2 (10 January 2018) Ouidah – Grand Popo- Cotonou
Departure at 07.00 am in the morning to follow all the chiefs of Ouidah to make a sacrifice for all voodoos in the city. This starts from the sacred forest to the chief Daagbo Hounon’s house. It is one of the best moments which opens the event. From there you can go into the forest of the second chief’s house to take a look at the ceremonies.
At 11.00 am departure to Grand Popo. One the way you can see many performances because the festival is everywhere in Benin.
Arrival at Grand Popo around 14.00 pm.
Lunch in local restaurant in Grand Popo. Departure after lunch to Avlo, the place where the inhabitants of Grand Popo celebrate the event. Here you can see many voodoo performances especially Zangbeto.
Around 19.00 pm we will go back to Cotonou, where we arrive around 21.00 pm.
Inclusive in this tour:
- Hotel mentioned, based on double room.
- Tourist tax.
- Transport by private car with driver and fuel.
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day (of 1,5 L).
- Entrances and excursions mentioned in the itinerary.
- Music and dance show.
- Booking fee 20.000 CFA or €.30,-
- Personal expenses like drinks and food not mentioned under inclusive.
- Insurances, visa, vaccinations.
- Any other charges of hiring a service for personal enjoyment/assistance like portages, tips, insurance, laundry, mineral water etc.
- Any service/assistance not covered under inclusive.
- Calamities caused by nature, terrorism or other causes.
- All other things not mentioned under inclusive.
Do you like to travel with more or less people, contact us for the prices.