Special event, Voodoo Festival in Benin
1 Day Tour
Fill out the contact form for information and prices.
Day 1 Cotonou – Ouidah – Grand Popo – Cotonou
Departure at 07.00 am in the morning from Cotonou to Ouidah, to join the Voodoo Festival. We start at the sacred forest, to follow all the chiefs of Ouidah to make a sacrifice for all voodoos in the city. This starts from the sacred forest walking to the chief Daagbo Hounon’s house. It is one of the best moments which opens the event. From there you can go into the forest of the second chief’s house to take a look at the ceremonies.
At 11.00 am departure to Grand Popo. On the way you can see many performances because the festival is everywhere in Benin.
Arrival at Grand Popo around 14.00 pm.
Lunch in local restaurant in Grand Popo. Departure after lunch to Avlo, the place where the inhabitants of Grand Popo celebrate the event. Here you can see many voodoo performances especially Zangbeto.
Around 19.00 pm we drive back to Cotonou where we arrive around 21.00 pm.
Inclusive in this tour:
- Transport by private car with driver and fuel.
- Entrances and excursions mentioned in the itinerary.
- Booking fee 20.000 CFA or €.30,-
- Personal expenses like drinks and food not mentioned under inclusive.
- Any other charges of hiring a service for personal enjoyment/assistance like portages, tips, mineral water etc.
- Any service/assistance not covered under inclusive.
- Calamities caused by nature, terrorism or other causes.
- All other things not mentioned under inclusive.