Porto Novo and region
1 day excursion: Boat tour, drums and museum
For more information fill out the contact form.
Around 07.30 we depart from Cotonou to Porto Novo.
First we will visit the half stilt villages of Aguegues, depending on the part of the year how high the water in the lake will be, the village life can be seen. In the village we will have a soft drink or coffee.
Around noon we will be back ashore and take the lunch at Jardin des Plantes et de la Nature.
In the afternoon we will visit the: Ethnographic museum (with Guèlèdè masks and more), Musee da Silva (tells about the slavery times and stocks many items from the 1960’s and 70’s) and Museum Honmé, the former palace of King Toffa.
We will finish the day with a visit to the village of Adjarra, where a market takes place every 4 days. It is also the home of the drums factory. Which is interesting to see how drums are made. The local museum founds different kind of masks.
Back to Cotonou where you will reach around 19.00 (depending on the traffic).
Inclusive in this tour:
- Transport by car with driver and fuel.
- Lunch included one soft drink or local beer.
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day (of 1,5 L).
- Transport by boat.
- Entrances and excursions mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bookingsfee 20.000 CFA or €30,00
- Personal expenses like drinks and food not mentioned under inclusive.
- Any other charges of hiring a service for personal enjoyment/assistance like portages, tips etc.
- Any service/assistance not covered under inclusive.
- Calamities caused by nature, terrorism or other causes.
- All other things not mentioned under inclusive.